Saffron is the most valuable spice in the world – approximately 250,000 crocus blossoms are needed to delicately hand-pick 1 KG of saffron threads. This “red gold” not only possesses an intense colouring ability, it also has an unmistakable, exquisite flavour with an intense and uniquely fine note.
This offer is only valid for a short time and while stocks last
Premium category from Persia: Sargol Grade 1
- Crush a few saffron threads, either between your fingers, or in a mortar. Alternatively, place the threads for 5-10 minutes in warm water. The shorter the cooking time, the more flavour will be retained.
No colouring and
High level of quality
GEFRO guarantees an excellent quality from the best production area in the world, recognisable by its whole, dark red saffron threads. Quality you can taste.
- Rice dishes, e.g .Paella and Risotto
- Soups, especially fish soups
- Light sauces for fish and vegetable dishes
- Pasta dishes
- For marinating meats and fish
- Milk rice
- Persian almond pudding
- Ice cream specialities
- Cakes and other baked goods
- Pistachios, nuts and other snacks
GEFRO offers carefully selected, whole saffron threads with deep red colouring. White or yellow threads are painstakingly removed in order to give you the highest quality and an unmistakeable flavour experience. Extensive laboratory testing proves the absolute purity and the consistent quality level of our saffron.